Clerical Specialist (Part Time)
For more information see our website at www.wcccf.org
Send or fax resume to: D. Clay, 18200 St. Rt. 4 N., Marysville, OH 43040, fax # 937/ 644-3698 or email email@example.com.
WEST CENTRAL COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
JOB TITLE: CLERICAL SPECIALIST (Part Time)
EXEMPTION STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
CIVIL SERVICE CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
LOCATION: 18200 STATE ROUTE 4, MARYSVILLE, OHIO 43040
WORK SCHEDULE: M – F 20 hours per week between 8-4:30pm
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Program Director is responsible for all matters relating to: performing routine clerical duties of typing, filing, preparing resident master charts and updating the same, preparing resident discharge files and updating the same, making copies, sending correspondence for all departments, assisting with processing mail and other packages, and other related duties as required. The Part Time Clerical Specialist is expected to participate in activities which foster a safe and secure environment that is conducive to the goals and mission of the West Central Community Correctional Facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Clerical Specialist with incoming/outgoing mail, postings and departmental correspondence throughout the facility as needed.
- Acts as file clerk and maintains office files.
- Operates fax, copy, and postage machines.
- Assists Clerical Specialist with creating and tearing down resident charts
- Uses operational logs, records, inventories, and files to gather statistics as directed.
- Performs data entry and retrieval.
- Responsible for preparation of resident master charts and all filing in same
- Responsible for preparation of resident discharge files and filing in same.
- Makes photocopies of resident materials
- Operates telephone equipment with six or more lines in the absence of Clerical Specialist
- Takes messages for absent and occupied personnel and relays such information.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to all information obtained and processed in the operation of West Central Community Correctional Facility.
- Ensures that all minimum standards of the local/state/federal authorities are maintained within the scope of your responsibility.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
2. MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF STAFF
3. FACILITY OPERATIONS
- Maintains an environment that is conducive to our agency philosophy and humane living conditions.
- Responsible for securing appropriate staff for handling crisis and emergency situations as they apply to incoming calls and visitors and other times as required by calling for assistance when needed and documenting all such incidents per agency policy.
- May assist with the monitoring, identifying, and documenting all individuals (i.e., visitors, outside agency personnel, officials, etc.) entering and leaving the West Central Community Correctional Facility.
- Creates and maintains a working environment for effective communication among staff.
4. COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL FUNCTIONS
- Each employee understands his/her role in using cognitive behavioral interventions and develops the necessary competencies to successfully function in the program.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Graduate/G.E.D. required;
- Post High School training in office procedures preferred;
- Clerical experience preferred;
- Interpersonal communication skills requiring courtesy and tact when dealing with other staff, criminal justice agencies, local organizations, and the general public;
- Ability to problem solve in a timely manner;
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing;
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions;
- Ability to work with confidential information;
- Ability to alphabetize and file documents in their appropriate location
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing; read, understand and write reports, memos, and associated materials.
- Skills in effective written and oral communications; ability to orally give directions, speak on the telephone, read and write reports.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer and related office software;
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
Potential exists for exposure to disease/illness.
May be subject to office space accidents. Job requires stooping, bending, lifting, carrying, sitting and standing through the day.
This is a minimum-security adult facility; therefore, all outside access doors are locked at all times.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related tasks as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.