Court Services Specialist
For more information see our website at www.wcccf.org
Send or fax resume to: D. Clay, 18200 St. Rt. 4 N., Marysville, OH 43040, fax # 937/ 644-3698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEST CENTRAL COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
JOB TITLE: COURT SERVICES SPECIALIST
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
CIVIL SERVICE CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
LOCATION: 18200 STATE ROUTE 4 MARYSVILLE, OHIO 43040
WORK SCHEDULE: 8:00 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M. DATE: 06/05/19R
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Court Services Coordinator, the Court Services Specialist is responsible for overseeing intake day paperwork, assisting with referral and screening as needed, facilitating cognitive behavioral treatment groups as needed; performs other related duties as required. The Court Services Specialist is expected to participate in activities which foster a safe and secure environment that is conducive to the goals and mission of the West Central Community Correctional Facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in supervisor, team/section and all-staff meetings on a regular basis for a mutual exchange of current events relevant to the general operation of the facility;
- Assists with data entry as needed
- Prepares reports on programs and duties assigned;
- Attends community meetings and functions in support of organization;
- Assures that facility policies and procedures are established and maintained in accordance with all applicable governing boards and federal, state and local authority.
2. MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF STAFF
3. PROGRAM OPERATIONS
- Assists Court Services Coordinator and appropriate personnel in the admission/intake process;
- Conducts screenings and collects information from referring Courts;
- Communicates with court staff and probation officers to resolve any pending issues pertaining to admission of referrals.
- Supplements facility coverage;
- Transports residents as needed;
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to information obtained and processed in the operation of the facility;
- Responsible for and ensures the intake process for residents is completed;
- Duties require regular offender interviews in jails/prisons;
- Ensures that all Court documents for each resident are received.
- Assists residents in resolving any pending court issues during their stay.
4. COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL FUNCTIONS
- Each employee understands his/her role in using cognitive behavioral intervention and develops the necessary competencies to successfully function in the program;
- Facilitates multiple cognitive behavior treatment groups and advanced practice groups.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of criminal justice and corrections systems;
- Working knowledge of chemical dependency, cognitive behavioral therapy, mental health problems, needs and treatment;
- Ability to gather, interpret, classify, and analyze information;
- Ability to relate to people and be able to handle delicate face-to-face contacts and conduct interviews in a correctional environment;
- Ability to work independently;
- Perform investigative research;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Skill in interviewing techniques;
- Ability to type proficiently;
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with clients, criminal justice system personnel, and co-workers;
- Ability to work under stressful and demanding conditions;
- Manage time and organize workload;
- Operate standard office equipment such as a copier, computer and facsimile machine;
- Ability to deal with aberrant behavior;
- Associate Degree in related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Certified Thinking for a Change facilitator and complete the ORAS certification process within 90 days of employment;
- Experience in the field of criminal justice preferred;
- Valid State of Ohio Driver’s License required.
- Potential exists for exposure to disease/illness.
- This is a minimum-security facility; therefore, all outside access doors are locked at all times.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related tasks as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.