Medical Assistant (Part Time)
For more information see our website at www.wcccf.org
Send or fax resume to: D. Clay, 18200 St. Rt. 4 N., Marysville, OH 43040, fax # 937/ 644-3698 or email email@example.com.
We are specifically looking for someone who can assist with one of the following schedules.
1. 5 days a week from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
2. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12:30 to 6:30 or a full 8 hour day Friday in addition to the 12 hours combined worked on Tue/Wed
WEST CENTRAL COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
JOB TITLE: MEDICAL ASSISTANT – Part time
EXEMPTION STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
CIVIL SERVICE CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
LOCATION: 18200 STATE ROUTE 4, MARYSVILLE, OHIO 43040
WORK SCHEDULE: PT – VARIES DATE: 7/2022R
JOB FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Medical Services Coordinator, the Medical Assistant is responsible for performing all routine duties of matters relating to: preparing the resident for medical examination and treatment. Duties include but not limited to: completing patient history and vital signs, assisting with intakes, prepares and maintains files, instruments, and equipment; handles med calls, provides first aide as needed, assist with scheduling appointments, tests, etc.; communicates with residents regarding test, treatment, and follow-up; documents treatment, care, and symptoms as required; maintains confidentiality, and all other related duties. The Medical Assistant is expected to participate in activities which foster a safe and secure environment that is conducive to the goals and mission of the West Central Community Correctional Facility.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures of the Medical Department.
- Maintains resident medical files in an organized manner.
- Operates facsimile machine and photocopier.
- Delivers lab specimens to medical lab for processing.
- Communicates with healthcare providers outside the facility.
- Notifies supervisor of severe injuries, illnesses, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
2. MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF STAFF
3. FACILITY OPERATIONS
- Maintains an environment that is conducive to our agency philosophy and humane living conditions.
- Maintains close and continual coordination with the staff of all functional areas ensuring smooth facility operations.
- Documents in a timely and organized fashion utilizing facility medical forms.
- Utilizes universal precautions at all times.
- Follows policy and procedure of medical department.
- Attends mandatory meetings and in-services.
- Assists with ordering supplies and equipment.
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate policies and procedures.
- Maintains job related skills.
- Creates and maintains a working environment for effective communication among staff;
- Supplements facility coverage as needed for operational safety and security;
- Monitors residents and ensures that all operational policies and procedures are followed.
- Facilitate medication administration
- Transport residents to medical appointments outside of the building
- Conduct medical intakes
4. COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL FUNCTION
Each employee understands his/her role in using cognitive behavioral interventions and develops the necessary competencies to successfully function in the program.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Post High School training in medical assisting and or medical office techniques preferred;
- Three (3) years experience preferred;
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Valid Ohio Drivers License.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have abilities to exhibit competencies in related job duties.
- Must remain calm and efficient in emergency situations.
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Must be able to exercise judgement in determining when professional advice is required.
- Interpersonal communication skills requiring courtesy and tact when dealing with other staff, or outside agencies.
- Able to use a personal computer and related office software.
- Personally a team player.
- Able to relate to people, listen and resolve problems effectively.
- Able to work in a timely fashion.
Potential exists for exposure to disease/illness.
Sits, stands, walks, stoops, bends most of day.
This is a minimum-security adult facility; therefore, all outside access doors are locked at all times.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or
ability necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related tasks as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.