Reintegration Case Manager
For more information see our website at www.wcccf.org
Send or fax resume to: D. Clay, 18200 St. Rt. 4 N., Marysville, OH 43040, fax # 937/ 644-3698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEST CENTRAL COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
JOB TITLE: Reintegration Case Manager
EXEMPTION STATUS: EXEMPT
CIVIL SERVICE CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
LOCATION: 18200 STATE ROUTE 4 MARYSVILLE, OHIO 43040
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 HOURS/WEEK DATE: 06/05/2019R
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Court Services Coordinator, the Reentry Case Manager assists in the coordination of vocational programming. Responsible for management and supervision of job readiness group, community service and job placement/work release components, individual case management services and cognitive behavioral treatment group facilitation. The Reentry Case Manager is expected to participate in activities which foster a safe and secure environment that is conducive to the goals and mission of the West Central Community Correctional Facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the on-going analysis and development of agency’s employment goals & objectives;
- Participates in supervisor, team/section, and all-staff meetings as scheduled;
- Assures that facility policies & procedures are established and maintained in accordance with all applicable federal, state & local governing boards;
- Collects, prepares, submits timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed;
- Serves as a liaison to other programs and facility components;
- Meets with residents to assist in re-entry planning;
- Reviews employment, housing, education, and continuing treatment issues available within their county of residence and provides referrals and linkages to appropriate resources.
2. MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF STAFF
3. PROGRAM OPERATIONS
- Verifies suitability of residence housing prior to discharge;
- Verifies suitability of resident employment;
- Assists in coordination of internal and external MAT services;
- Communicates with community partners to discuss services requested by residents who are discharging successfully from the program;
- Creates Reentry Case Plans for residents and shares with residents and supervising probation officer of each resident;
- Assists residents with applying for medical benefits;
4. FACILITY OPERATIONS
- Creates and maintains a working environment for effective communication among staff;
- Monitors residents and ensures that all policies and procedures are followed;
- Supplements facility coverage as needed;
- Coordinates community service, work release, transportation, and other program scheduling with the operations staff;
- Utilizes audio-visual and computer equipment appropriately as needed;
- Transports residents as necessary.
5. COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL FUNCTIONS
- Each employee understands his/her role in using cognitive behavioral interventions and develops the necessary competencies to successfully function in the program;
- Facilitates multiple cognitive behavior treatment groups and advanced practice groups.
6. PROGRAM EVALUATION
- Maintains accurate monthly statistics and progress reports as needed;
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities relevant to employment services and cognitive behavioral group facilitation.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of comprehensive, competent vocational development;
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate employment services;
- Interpersonal communication skills required to engage and sustain working relationships with residents, residents’ families, staff, community resources and the general public;
- Knowledge of, and ability to implement problem-solving principles and instruction techniques appropriate to a correctional environment;
- Ability to read and prepare reports with mastery of written communication;
- Valid State of Ohio Driver’s License required;
- Associates degree in related field or relevant, qualifying work experience;
- Ability to facilitate groups;
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related employment/education and office software;
- ORAS certification preferred;
- Certified “Thinking For A Change” facilitator process completed within 90 days of employment.
- Potential exists for exposure to disease/illness;
- This is a minimum-security facility; therefore, all outside access doors are locked at all times.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related tasks as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.