For more information see our website at www.wcccf.org
Send or fax resume to: D. Clay, 18200 St. Rt. 4 N., Marysville, OH 43040, fax # 937/ 644-3698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEST CENTRAL COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
JOB TITLE: STAFF NURSE
EXEMPTION STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
CIVIL SERVICE CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
LOCATION: 18200 STATE ROUTE 4, MARYSVILLE, OHIO 43040
WORK SCHEDULE: FULLTIME: 32 HRS/WK: VARIED DATE: 2018R
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Medical Services Coordinator, the Staff Nurse is responsible for nursing care of residents, following the prescribed medical treatment of the medical physician, and adhering to the policies set for the policy and procedure manual. The Staff Nurse is expected to provide reasonable and prudent care to residents and perform within the scope of practice of the Ohio State Board of Nursing. The Staff Nurse is expected to participate in other facility activities which foster a safe and secure environment that is conducive to the goals and mission of the West Central Community Correctional Facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures of the Medical Department;
- Maintains resident medical files in an organized manner;
- Operates facsimile machine and photocopier/computer;
- Delivers lab specimens to medical lab for processing;
- Communicates with healthcare providers outside the facility;
- Notifies supervisor of severe injuries, illnesses, etc.;
- Notifies house physician of resident medical concerns;
- Notifies house psychiatrist/psychologist of resident psychiatric concerns;
- Maintains confidentiality of resident records;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
2. MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF STAFF
3. FACILITY OPERATIONS
- Maintains an environment that is conducive to our agency philosophy and humane living conditions;
- Responsible for responding to injury situations when in house as requested by staff;
- Maintains close and continual coordination with the staff of all functional areas ensuring smooth facility operations;
- Monitors resident medication compliance and reports non-compliance issues to supervisor, counselor, and/or physician;
- Assesses resident disease processes including onset, predisposing factors, relief measures;
- Utilizes standing physician orders for treatment of minor illnesses and injuries. Refers to emergency service for severe illnesses and injuries;
- Documents in a timely and organized fashion utilizing facility medical forms;
- Utilizes universal precautions at all times;
- Follows policy and procedure of medical department;
- Compiles statistics as needed;
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate policies and procedures;
- Maintains job related skills;
- Creates and maintains a working environment for effective communication among staff;
- Supplements facility coverage as needed for operational safety and security;
- Monitors residents and ensures that all operational policies and procedures are followed.
4. COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL FUNCTIONS
- Each employee understands his/her role in using cognitive behavioral interventions and develops the necessary competencies to successfully function in the program.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse;
- Current CPR certification;
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License;
- One year or greater nursing experience preferred
- Must be able to work independently;
- Must be able to handle confidential information;
- Must be able to exercise judgement in determining when professional advice is required;
- Must be able to compile statistics;
- Interpersonal communication skills requiring courtesy and tact when dealing with other staff, or outside agencies;
- Able to use a personal computer and related office software;
- Personally, a team player;
- Able to relate to people, listen and resolve problems effectively;
- Able to work in a timely fashion.
Potential exists for exposure to disease/illness;
24-hour On-call rotation;
Sits, stands, walks, stoops, and bends most of day;
This is a minimum-security adult facility; therefore, all outside access doors are locked at all times.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or
ability necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related tasks as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.