Adult Education Teacher
For more information see our website at www.wcccf.org
Send or fax resume to: D. Clay, 18200 St. Rt. 4 N., Marysville, OH 43040, fax # 937/ 644-3698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEST CENTRAL COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
JOB TITLE: ADULT EDUCATION TEACHER
Part Time, Grant Funded Position up to 25 hours a week.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Education Coordinator, the Adult Education Teacher implements educational services including, but not limited to, literacy, general education development (GED), and post-secondary education. Instructs basic skills in small and large groups, assists in the computer lab, and administers assessments. The Adult Education Teacher is expected to participate in activities which foster a safe and secure environment that is conducive to the goals and mission of the West Central Community Correctional Facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2. MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF STAFF
- Assists the Education Coordinator, the Ohio Central School System Principal, and the Aspire Coordinator in on-going development of agency’s education goals & objectives;
- Completes training's and professional development as required by Ohio Aspire;
- Participates in supervisor, team/section, and all-staff meetings as scheduled;
- Assures that facility policies & procedures are established and maintained in accordance with all applicable governing boards and federal, state & local authority;
- Collects, prepares, submits timely reports as requested;
- Serves as a liaison to other programs and facility components.
3. PROGRAM OPERATIONS
- Instructs residents in level/subject appropriate material;
- Assists with orientation and educational assessments of residents;
- Selects and recommends appropriate educational materials;
- Implements educational programming for residents, ensuring that all residents move through education attainment, in a deliberate manner;
- Monitors education records according to policy and accreditation standards, and grant compliance;
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect to information obtained and processed in the operation of the facility;
- Coordinates education volunteer schedules and activities.
4. FACILITY OPERATIONS
- Monitors residents and ensures that all operational policies and procedures are followed;
- Supplements facility coverage as needed for operational safety and security;
- Utilizes audio-visual and computer equipment appropriately on an as-needed basis;
- Creates and maintains a working environment for effective communication among staff.
5. COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL FUNCTIONS
- Each employee understands his/her role in using cognitive behavioral interventions and develops the necessary competencies to successfully function in the program.
6. PROGRAM EVALUATION
- Maintains accurate and ongoing data relevant to student progress and facility standards;
- Participates in continuous quality improvement activities relevant to educational services.
7. MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of present and evolving comprehensive, competent adult education;
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate educational services;
- Interpersonal communication skills required to engage and sustain working relationships with residents, residents’ families, staff, community resources and the general public;
- Knowledge of, and ability to implement, problem-solving principles and instruction techniques appropriate to a correctional environment;
- Ability to read and prepare reports, mastery of written communication;
- Valid State of Ohio Driver’s License required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Education;
- Current State of Ohio Teaching Certificate, professional elementary or secondary;
- Ability to facilitate groups;
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related education and office software.
- Potential exists for exposure to disease/illness;
- This is a minimum-security facility; therefore all outside access doors are locked at all times.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related tasks as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.