Food Services Specialist I (Part Time)
Send or fax resume to: R. Rausch, 18200 St Rt 4 N, Marysville, OH 43040, fax # 937/ 644-3698 or email email@example.com.
WEST CENTRAL COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
JOB TITLE: FOOD SERVICES SPECIALIST I
EXEMPTION STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
CIVIL SERVICE CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED
LOCATION: 18200 STATE ROUTE 4, MARYSVILLE, OHIO 43040
WORK SCHEDULE: VARIES: Weekends and Holidays DATE: 2011R
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB FUNCTION: Under the direct supervision of the Food Services Coordinator, the Food Services Specialist I is directly responsible for all matters relating to a seven day-a-week, 365 days-a-year institutional food service and preparation in accordance with Federal, State, and local guidelines. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: cooking, set-ups, dish washing, cleaning, food ordering and purchasing, inventory control, monitoring, directing and evaluating residents while they are performing dietary duties. Other related duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Food Services Coordinator in the on-going analysis of facility food service operations, and in the objectives and the mission of the West Central Community Correctional Facility;
- Assists with maintaining accurate and thorough inventory controls and files of information on facility food service operations for documentation necessary for regular reports required by the Executive Director;
- Participates in staff meetings as necessary; to facilitate the smooth execution of all operations and programs within the facility;
- Assists with maintaining communications and rapport with appropriate vendors;
- Assists with maintaining communications and rapport with city, county, and state health departments and other departments involved in food service operations;
- Implements all minimum standards of local/state/federal authorities/agencies are maintained within scope of responsibility;
- Works with the Food Services Coordinator to continuously upgrade the quality and efficiency of the food service operation;
- Participates in seminars and continuing education programs when appropriate and feasible.
2. MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION OF STAFF
3. FACILITY OPERATIONS
- Monitors residents and ensures that all operational policies and procedures are followed;
- Implements an effective, efficient, and professional food service operation ensuring a quality food service product on a seven day-a-week, 365 day-a-year basis;
- Prepares and/or monitors the preparation of three balanced, wholesome, nutritious meals per day;
- Assists with the preparation of special food service requests as required;
- Ensures food service standards are strictly maintained relative to sanitation, safety, and security as established by local agencies and West Central Community Correctional Facility;
- Shared responsibility for the proper storage and security of sharp utensils, tools, toxic, corrosive, flammable substances, and other potentially dangerous supplies and equipment; maintains proper tool and key control for signed area;
- Ensures that food service area is a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents, and visitors;
- Monitors the inventory of food and food supplies for timely and adequate food service operations;
- Receives, inspects, and ensures proper inventory of food and supplies; Assists in maintaining accurate records;
- Assists with the preparation of reports of events, situations, and incidents which occur during daily operations within the food service area;
- Assists with the documentation required daily, weekly, and monthly inspections of the food service area ensuring the area is clean, sanitary, orderly, safe, and in good repair;
- Creates and maintains a working environment for effective communication among staff;
- Operates West Central Community Correctional Facility vehicles for necessary pick-ups and deliveries; may transports residents, as necessary;
- Performs other tasks/duties as directed by supervisor.
- Responsible for cleaning of or monitoring the cleaning of the dietary area dishes, pots and pans, utensils, floor, and equipment.
4. COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL FUNCTIONS
- Each employee understands his/her role in using cognitive behavioral interventions and develops the necessary competencies to successfully function in the program
MINIMUM EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Any combination of education, training, and work experience which indicate possession of the skills, knowledge, and abilities listed below. A degree in food service, dietetics, or other related field is preferred. Five years work experience in the field of food service; preferred;
- Skill in effective written and oral communications; ability to orally give directions, speak on the telephone, and read and write reports;
- Ability to prepare and publish monthly food forecasts and monthly menus for three balanced meals per day;
- Ability to prepare large quantities of nutritious, wholesome food in accordance with published menus;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, vendors, and co-workers;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work without continuous supervision;
- Ability to effectively manage time and organize workload;
- Working knowledge of food ordering and purchasing in large amounts within specifications for vendors and commodities;
- Working knowledge of proper storage and inventory of food and food products;
- Skilled in the use of modern food preparation tools, equipment, and instruments;
- Ability to perform basic math calculations including the use of fractions, decimals, and percentages;
- Ability to create daily, weekly, and monthly work schedules for assigned staff and residents;
- Ability to use computers and basic office equipment/machines;
- Ability to work in a correctional environment and the supervision of offenders is preferred;
- Ability to remain calm in tense situations and deal with aberrant behavior;
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds as required;
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License.
- Potential exists for exposure to disease/illnesses.
- Subjected to extreme temperatures.
- Stands, walks short distances most of the work day, lifts, stoops, and bends.
- Potential exits for slips and falls, cuts, burns.
This is a minimum-security adult facility; therefore, all outside access doors are locked at all times.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or ability necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related tasks as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.